Polishing of railheads and switch elements is an effective way of eliminating a whole range of rail surface defects and simultaneous restoring of rolling surface alignment. Occasional and timely polishing extends the rail service life, significantly increases the smoothness of movement, and reduces the noise and vibration level.
Such works are performed using the modern highly efficient equipment like VM 8000-E autonomous double line-grinding machine.
- 6 grinding discs for each rail, 50 grinding programs
- Performance: 200 m/h (one-time removal of metal layer of 0.2-0.3 mm), or 2-3 switches per 8-hour shift
- Maximum grinding speed: 5 km/h
- Travel speed on a road: 40 km/h
- Travel speed on rail tracks: 19 km/h
- Track: 900-1,620 mm
- Rail track minimum curve radius: 20 m
- Shafting: diesel engine with a hydro pump and electric generator
- Total weight: 12 t
- Length: 7.1 m
- Staff: 2 drivers-operators (plus one client driver and 1 client work manager)
- Refill tanks: diesel tank -- 240 l, water tank -- 500 l.
GT-ATS LLC offers rail and switches polishing services for public rail transport tracks.